Fin Argus is the breakout star of the new movie Clouds, which is now streaming on Disney+, and we caught up with the young actor to learn more about him!
The 22-year-old actor was previously seen in Fox’s The Gifted and the YouTube series The Commute. Clouds marks his feature film debut.
Clouds is based on the true story of Zach Sobiech (who Fin plays in the film), a musically gifted 17-year old living with a rare bone cancer (osteosarcoma). The film follows Zach’s journey over the course of his senior year as he navigates the complexities of love, friendship, family and leaving behind a musical legacy.
Get to know Fin right now with these 10 Fun Facts:
- I spent the majority of 2019, prior to filming Clouds, working on an urban farm in Los Angeles taking care of goats, chickens, and a huge pig named Nelly.
- The number of songs I have written since starting at the age of ten reaches into the hundreds! The writing style is ever evolving, and I like to look back and see how much it has changed from the first song, to now.
- Madison Iseman, who plays my girlfriend Amy in Clouds, has actually been my dear friend since I was 15. You can even see her play opposite me in my first ever music video for my song “Make Me Cry.”
- One of my favorite sports is rock climbing! I’ve gone on many trips to the Red River Gorge in Kentucky to camp and spend every day scaling mountains.
- Throughout the past year or so, I have gotten very into upcycling old clothing by cutting up garments and adding designs via paint, patches, or stitching. I hope to start a line of fully upcycled clothing in an effort to reuse materials that might otherwise go to waste.
Click inside to read the rest of the fun facts…
- The moment I definitively decided I wanted to be a performer and an actor was after seeing an off Broadway production in my hometown of Chicago of Mary Poppins. I left the theatre crying, telling my parents, “I want to do that someday.”
- When I was younger, I thought I was going to grow up to be a professional baseball player. I played competitive baseball my whole life until I started working more on acting and music. As much as I miss the game, I know I made the right choice in doing what I love most.
- The song and music video I’m preparing to release very soon is a commentary on social media and artificial intelligence. Ironically, I wrote the entire song while driving using Siri’s voice to text capability.
- Between jobs, I still regularly take classes on various subjects, because I like to be learning new things consistently. Most recently I took a class on ASL, and next I plan to take a class on music engineering.
- I recently rediscovered the magic that is the cartoon Adventure Time. Not only do I share a name with the main character “Finn,” but I also deeply relate his character with his tenacious wonder, as I’m sure many people can. I’m most definitely going to dress up as “Finn” for Halloween!
Clouds is now streaming on Disney+!
FYI: The photos included here were photographed by Nino Muñoz and styled by Melinda Rodriguez.
This post first appeared on justjared.com