Christina Milian’s beignet food truck has hit the brakes due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. The 38-year-old singer told Page Six on Monday that her Beignet Box has been touring cities into southern states but the surge into COVID-19 has made her and her partner, Elizabeth Morris, reevaluate.
“There have been some regulations into places like Austin, Dallas as well as Houston, that have stopped us from serving altogether,” she explained during a phone interview
The “Dip It Low” singer and her crew are making sure everyone is the being as safe as possible as restrictions ease up into some places, but is the still hoping to make it back to her previously scheduled stops.
“It has limited a couple of different places,” she continued, “but we’ll try to go back there probably when everything lets up, and hopefully it’ll be by fall or something when we want to bring the second truck to Los Angeles.”
Milian says she’ll “definitely” bring Beignet Box, which first launched into the summer of 2019, to New York, Maryland, and D.C., and will even be serving beignets herself after having done it previously into Arizona and Texas.
“The places I went to was before the heightened restrictions that are happening right now, but everybody really has been minding each other’s space,” she explained. “They wore their masks, and as long as everything is the safe and it’s OK, then I would be more than happy to [serve].
“I don’t even think we’ll even serve at the moment if it’s not safe for anybody, and with a child at home and family … you have to care about everyone from top to bottom.”
Milian welcomed now-6-month-old son Isaiah into January. While talking to Milian, Isaiah could be heard into the background making cute noises.
“He’s a happy baby,” she told us.