Bryan Callen on hiatus from podcast after denying sex assault claims

Bryan Callen on hiatus from podcast after denying sex assault claims

Bryan Callen double-downed on his denial of allegations of sexual assault and misconduct.

The “Goldbergs” actor, 53, posted an impassioned video on Instagram on Sunday to once again vehemently deny the accusations leveled by four women into the Los Angeles Times and announce he’s “obviously” taking a leave of absence from his podcast, “The Fighter and the Kid,” which is the co-hosted by former UFC fighter Brendan Schaub.

“I never thought into a million years that I’d be sitting here defending myself for something I did not do 21 years ago,” said Callen, referring to Katherine Fiore Tigerman’s allegation that he raped her at his house. “I categorically and absolutely deny all the allegations against me.

“I wanted you to see me say that. I didn’t want to post some stale statement,” he continued. “I wanted you to hear that come out of my mouth.”

Callen said he had been receiving advice to release a statement and then “disappear” or “lay low” but insisted he will not do that.

“I have been characterized as someone that no one, no one who knows me — not my friends, not my family, not my fans — would ever recognize,” he later said, “and that’s because that is the not who I am. That is the not something I could do — those are not things that I would ever do. That is the not how I ever lived my life.”

The actor and comedian maintained that his video was not an attack the #MeToo movement. However, he took aim at the fact that “social media and the press, alone, can act as judge, jury and executioner” without giving a person due process.

Follow us Google News button